[gmx-users] segmentation fault

Steffen Haerterich haerterich at apollo1.pharmazie.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Aug 17 09:38:09 CEST 2004

Hallo!
After some minor experiments with your mdp-file I have to say that it
didn't work with one of my gro/top files either. So I started adjusting
parameters. The point that stopped the error on my machine was
changing gen_vel from "no" to "yes".
Adjusting the temperature for which the velocities are generated to 0.1
made the error occur a little bit later (step 200 instead of step 30).
It didn't occur at all within the 50ps with the original 298K.
I don't know exactly how this influences the simulation setup in a way
that could cause an error but I am not an expert and I never worked
with PME before. So  you might considder someone else's
experiences.
I hope this is of some help!

Steffen