[gmx-users] slightly off topic: Hole program

mark mark.vaughn at ttu.edu
Wed Dec 1 06:20:18 CET 2004

Tieleman et al. (1)  used Oliver Smart's 'HOLE' program (2) to evaluate
the channel size of transmembrane pores. We would like to do something
similar. However it seems that Smart has moved, and after several weeks,
we have gotten no response from emails and webpage applications. Does
anyone know how to obtain this program or its equivalent?

thanks

M. Vaughn

(1) Tieleman, D. P., B. Hess, and M. S. P. Sansom. 2002. Analysis and
Evaluation of Channel Models: Simulations of Alamethicin. Biophys. J.
83:2393-2407

(2) O,S. Smart, J.G. Neduvelila, X. Wang, B. A. Wallacea and M. S. P.
1996 Sansom.HOLE: A Program for the Analysis of the Pore Dimensions of
Ion Channel Structural Models  J. Mol. Graphics. 14:354-360.