[gmx-users] Re: How to enable fortran inner loops in Itanium 2

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Dec 30 20:46:23 CET 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Marco Matthies wrote:

>Hi,
>
>you could always try out the CVS version, though i don't have the
>slightest clue if it's stable at the moment and if IA-64 assembly inner
>loops actually work as I don't have an Itanium :) But there are
>directories and there is code in them, so you might want to give it a shot.

>http://www.gromacs.org/developer/cvs_usage.php

that would be very interesting to try, since Erik just uploaded the
itanium stuff. be prepared to recompile, but try to make it work with cvs,
it would definitely help us, developers if people test it, and do smoe
benchmarks.

>Ahh, i just wish I had one of those... but Santa crossed that one off my
>wishlist ;)
>
>Happy New Year,
>
>Marco
>
>Michel Cuendet wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> ./configure --enable-fortran
>>>
>>> It will not be faster than P4.
>>>
>> It would be much faster with the itanium2 assembly loops. I've been
>> desperately
>> waiting for them. The worst part is that they are already implemented,
>> and I've
>> been crying and begging for them, but they are waiting next version of
>> gromacs
>> to release them.... If there is a running beta version somewhere, or a
>> doable
>> way to hack it into an existing version, please, gromacs developpers,
>> let us know !!
>>
>> Cheers, happy new year,
>>
>> Michel Cuendet

David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se	spoel at gromacs.org   http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel