[gmx-users] installing 3.2 with icc

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue Feb 3 22:54:01 CET 2004

You will need to set the variable 'CC' to icc too.

Gromacs needs a non-mpi compiler for building the program that is run
to create the inner loops during the compile.

This needs to be a non-mpi compiler, since many supercomputing centers
won't allow you to execute code linked with the MPI libraries on the
login node (where you are compiling).

The flags are detected automatically for MPICC, but then make tries to
use the same ones for 'CC', which fails because of the different
compiler.

I might try to work around it in the future, but since you have the
compiler it should be trivial to just set the environment variable :-)

Cheers,

Erik