[gmx-users] Re: itanium2 vs xeon

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 25 18:53:00 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm working on backporting the whole module of new optimized loops, so
this will enable assembly both on Itanium and the 64-bit mode of
Opteron. For marketing reasons Intel didn't say it explicitly, but
their new 64-bit mode announced last week should be 100% compatible as
far as I can tell from the documentation.

You'll probably see a factor 2 improvement on ia64 with the assembly
loops, both in single and double.

Cheers,

Erik