[gmx-users] How about gmx-forum?

Semen Esilevsky yesint4 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 16:03:01 CET 2004

> The advantage is that you have all the information
> directly in a
> "readable" format in your web browser, in particular
> when you have an

In addition there are threads, which make the browsing
simple and effective. And there is a possibility to
recieve only the messages from selected threads and
categories - no need to read 100 subjects...

>The disadvantage is that  it
> takes more effort
> to go to the forum, and as a result people don't do
> it...

It depends. For example our institution doesn't
provide POP3 mail boxes. All mail is essentially
web-based and brousing through the mailing list is
simply a pain!
I understand that UNIX people used to use mailing
lists, but they seems to be erm... slightly outdated
now.