[gmx-users] 'Gromacs Symposium' ?

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Jan 15 10:13:00 CET 2004

Erik Lindahl wrote:
> 1. Would you want to come?

I would, and would even be willing to (help) organise it.

It would be helpful to have somebody in the country where we'd hold it
to participate in the organisation. For Italy Giorgio Colombo springs
to mind though I haven't heard from him in a while...

> 2. What do you think it should be focused on? (E.g.: tutorial stuff,
> algorithm development, presentation/discussion of simulation research
> results)

As some of the others already pointed out, I'd favor workshop sessions
over tutorials. With respect to availability of computers, couldn't we
ask everyone to bring their laptops, and have a few hubs and NIC's
available for a makeshift network?

Otherwise, I think the initial setup should be as little restrictive as
possible, so we can see where interests develop most.

For my part, applications and development of new application methods
would be the most interesting part. But I'd also love to hear more about,
e.g., how the new parallel implementations will look.

> 3. Would it be better to have it in summer or during the university terms?

Not much preference in that respect for me.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |