[gmx-users] 'Gromacs Symposium' ?

Itamar Kass ikass at cc.huji.ac.il
Thu Jan 15 10:45:01 CET 2004

    My Idea of such meeting is of speakers which will talk about their
work, and then will give a brief tutorial of how he did things.  Also
few lab hours, for people which will want to learn and try things,
which will be given by the speakers.  There should be session about
proteins in ligands, membrane and in-membrane protein, protein's
conformation and etc.
    Regarding the place I prefer Israel (as you can expect), but if
other place is chosen I think the issue is mostly the cost.  Hence I
guess Brazil is not the place, although I wish to visit there.

On Jan 14, 2004, at 3:37 PM, Erik Lindahl wrote:

>> Gronigen,
>> help the
>>
> It has been discussed before, and in principle I think everybody's for
> it, it just needs to be organized :-)
>
> I've been in the US for the last two years, so it's been kind of hard
> for me and David to co-organize something, but I'll be in Paris for
> the next eight months, so if there's interest we might want to try and
> put something together.
>
> Groningen is a nice place, but it might be cheaper to have it e.g. in
> Southern Italy or Greece, or at least some place where there are cheap
> charter flights. (I know that at least in Sweden it tends to be pretty
> expensive to organize things in the University towns...)
>
> Just because we've discussed it before without any result I would
> strongly suggest we go for a relatively informal "workshop" where
> everybody pay their own travel and accommodation, and we just bring an
> LCD projector to a medium-sized room. If that works we can turn it
> into more of a conference in the future.
>
> To get an idea about interest & expectations, it would be great if
> people replied to this thread with some thoughts on:
>
> 1. Would you want to come?
> 2. What do you think it should be focused on? (E.g.: tutorial stuff,
> algorithm development, presentation/discussion of simulation research
> results)
> 3. Would it be better to have it in summer or during the university
> terms?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erik

Computers are like airconditioners... They don't work well with Windows
open.

http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~membranelab/itamar/itamar_homepage.html