[gmx-users] unsymmetric profile for electrostatic potential with g_potential

Yuhua Song yhsong at ccb.wustl.edu
Mon Jul 5 22:36:49 CEST 2004

Hi, all:

there is a discussion on March 12, 2003 about the "g_potential and lipid
bilayer analysis", in the discussion, it was pointed out that with
"g_potential" can not get the symmetric profile for the electrostatic
potential along the membrane z-direction. and mention it might caused by the
fact that g_potential did not consider the bilayer undulation or
protrusions, and recommend the large system and long run.

I also met this situation, my bilayer system had run for 10ns and the system
is 256 lipids. With g_potential, I also get the unsymmetric profile, for
other density parameters etc. things are fine. I am wondering whether
someome had met this situation and how to handle this?

Thanks,

Yuhua