[gmx-users] cannot compile parallel version

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 21:44:43 CEST 2004

> I just did as you pointed me out: added /usr/local/fftw and
> /usr/local/lam to /etc/ld.so.conf, ran ldconfig e then ran

Are your libraries living in /usr/local/fftw (eg
/usr/local/fftw/libsrfftw_mpi.so) or are they really in
/usr/local/fftw/lib? If the latter is true you would need to ad the
.../lib path to /etc/ld.so.config

... and see David's email.

> mpirun -np2 mdrun_mpi ... but I stil get the error message:
>
> mdrun_mpi: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libsfftw_mpi.so.2: symbol
> errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference
> mdrun_mpi: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libsfftw_mpi.so.2: symbol
> errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference

Actually, this looks as if you have old fftws in /usr/local/lib---they get
picked up instead of the newly compiled ones in /usr/local/fftw/lib. I
think putting /usr/local/fftw/lib in ld.so.config before /usr/local/lib
should solve the problem.

Btw, I remember that I actually compiled my Gromacs with the
--enable-all-static option, so no worries about shared libs ;-)

oli

Oliver Beckstein * oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
 http://sansom.biop.ox.ac.uk/oliver/