[gmx-users] How I can create a gromacs input file from a gamess output (one more question)

Marcelo de Freitas Lima mflima at qmc.ufsc.br
Tue Jul 13 14:59:56 CEST 2004

First, thanks Dr Dallas Warren and Ing. Vojtech Spiwok by your answers.

Other question now:

Explanation:
***********
I want to create a pdf file from a organic dimer-molecule (about 	70
atoms), not a biomolecule like a peptide or protein, only two 	identical
molecules (each one with 35 atoms), to this I ran a ab 	initio
calculation and now I have the z-matrix (in several formats, like mdl,
xyz, etc.. except pdb format).

*****Imporant: I have no biological residues.***************

I tried to use PRODRG server to convert my dimer in a pdb file to
perform a MD calculation with Gromacs, but the PRODRG server
transforms my dimer in a monomer.

Ok, I tried run pdb2gmx with the monomer, but the message is:

"Fatal error: Residue 'UNK' not found in residue topology 			database"
This, because my molecule don't have aminoacids, or other biological
residue.

My question:
I have to make my own .gro file by hand, or exist some tool to 		help in
this?

Thanks a lot!

Marcelo Lima