[gmx-users] Is the AMBER or CHARMM Force field running in GROMACS

david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk david.evans at ulsop.ac.uk
Thu Jul 15 10:09:20 CEST 2004

Philip,

I've been using the ambconv package from the 'contributions' section
of the website to use the Amber force field. However this approach
relies on you  having the Amber program package to set up your
topology and parameter files. Someone else would have to tell you if
native gromacs parameters for Amber force fields exist -- there has
been quite a lot of mention of this possibility on the mailing lists
before, as you've probably read.
If you do go the ambconv route, I can give you some pointers -- there
are some small modifications necessary to the downloadable code.

David Evans
London School of Pharmacy

---- Message from <p.keymer at student.qut.edu.au> at 2004-07-15
11:54:02 ------