[gmx-users] Compiling on Opteron

Amil Anderson aanderson at wittenberg.edu
Mon Jul 19 19:37:06 CEST 2004

Greetings,

We have a new 30 processor Opteron cluster running RedHat Enterprise
Ed. 3 Linux that I am trying to compile GROMACS on.  My first problem
is with the installation of FFTW.  The configure doesn't recognize
the CPU type.  I am very new to this environment and so I'm not sure
if I should be setting some special options or trying to edit the
configure file.  Does anyone have suggestions?

My next step will then be to compile GROMACS and my search of the
list archives doesn't reveal any particular discussions relative to
the Opteron though I do note that people have been successful at
getting it to run.

Amil Anderson
Chemistry Department
Wittenberg University