[gmx-users] Different sets of residues for ensemble fitting and RMSF calculation

Mark Berjanskii mberj at bionmr.com
Tue Jul 20 22:43:55 CEST 2004

Dear all,

Is it possible to use different sets of residues for alignment of a
protein ensemble and for calculation of RMSF?

I am trying to get a plot RMSF vs residue number from a Gromacs
trajectory. I have an extended very flexible region in a protein of
interest that I do not want to use for ensemble alignment because it
will make RMSF of rigid secondary structure elements unreasonably big.

Unfortunately, g_rmsf uses the same atom/residue selection for both
ensemble alignment and calculation of RMSF.

 Is it possible to somehow use only secondary structure regions of a
protein for ensemble alignment but, then, calculate RMSF for each
residue of the protein?

Thank you,