[gmx-users] The meaning of rlist, rvdm and rcolumn

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Tue Jul 27 10:36:33 CEST 2004

Li Dawei wrote:

> Dear Anton:
>
> Thanks for your reply. But why grompp requir that rlist<=rvdm? It is
> terrible.

Sorry, my mistake. It is the other way around:
Every nstlist steps, all atoms within rvdw and rcoulomb are found and
forces evaluated. All atoms within rlist are put in the (short range)
neighborlist. Each step, vwd and coul forces all atom pairs in the
neighborlist are reevaluated.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |