[gmx-users] Protein jumping out of box

Nuno R. L. Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Wed Jul 28 13:29:00 CEST 2004

Hi Anna

That's not a problem ;) . Do not forget that you are working under peridic
boundary conditions, i.e. as if your system would be infinite. So, if a
molecule starts to diffuse, eventually the molecule will go outside your box
when it reaches the edge, cause its a finite box.  But since its a PBC
system, it will enter again into the box, in the same edge, or at the
opposite one.  And, because gmx holds a molecule as a "block", it doesn´t
break it.
Check the mailing list, because the question was adressed several times.

Regards,
Nuno

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira
Departamento de Química
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
3004-535 Coimbra - Portugal