[gmx-users] ngmx 'command not found'

Marc Vogt mvogt at es.chem.umass.edu
Thu Jul 29 16:39:43 CEST 2004

What system are you using?  I have had the same ngmx problem under Red Hat 8.0.
After configuring, the make doesn't hit the ngmx subdirectory although
it does have an entry in the Makefile in the gromacs-3.2.1 directory.
After the make, I find object and executable files in the tools
subdirectory but no object or executables in the ngmx subdirectory.
I then tried a "make ngmx" in the ngmx subdir and it did generate
most but not all of the object files after a number of errors.

some complaints are:

manager.o(.text+0x1e71): undefined reference to `XSetForeground'
manager.o(.text+0x2089): undefined reference to `XSetForeground'
manager.o: In function `move_man':
manager.o(.text+0xbca): undefined reference to `XMoveWindow'
buttons.o: In function `init_vbox':
buttons.o(.text+0xaf): undefined reference to `XCreateSimpleWindow'
buttons.o(.text+0x14a): undefined reference to `XCreatePixmapFromBitmapData'
buttons.o(.text+0x18e): undefined reference to `XCreateSimpleWindow'
etc.

I tried linking to the /usr/X11R6/lib instead of the initial /usr/lib
in the makefile but it dod not solve the problem.

Hope this helps some.  Maybe someone else knows the answer from this
info?  Gotta get on to other stuff today.

Marc