[gmx-users] Who uses Gromacs on Power4 ?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 2 14:18:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

> - as I said same machine no problem with gmx 3.1.4, only with 3.2.1

It could always be a compiler bug - since the codebases are slightly
different it might not show up in 3.1.4. (i.e. overwriting some random
unused storage in one case, but an important variable in another). xlc
is among the better ones, though; I think we've only had to work around
one issue for the IBM compilers, while there have been about a dozen
for gcc...

Cheers.

Erik