[gmx-users] GROMACS on a parallel Linux cluster

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 1 20:38:00 CET 2004

Hi Peter,

PBS can behave rather strange at times. I'd recommend using the
'torque' batch scheduler from www.supercluster.org instead. Actually,
it is based on the free PBS code, but they have improved it to scale
much better for large systems and to be fault tolerant.

We are running our own 600-CPU cluster with Torque+maui scheduler, and
Gromacs works great both for single and parallel runs.

Cheers,

Erik