[gmx-users] A question on using g_density for electron densities.

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Tue Mar 2 22:19:01 CET 2004

I appreciate you for your answer again.  I think it is a good idea, but
I would like to make sure if it  is right with listening to more
people's opinions.
Therefore, I would like to know the exact meaning of this sentence in
the GROMACS manual:
"the number of electrons for each atom is modified by its atomic
partial charge."
How could we modify # of electrons by using partial charge?
Thanks for your help in advance.

best,
Hwankyu.

On Mar 1, 2004, at 4:27 PM, Zhen Qin wrote:

> You are welcome. The value is calculated by myself, # of electrons plus
> the value of partial charge shown in my lipid.itp file. In the manual
> of
> GROMACS, it is said " the number of electrons for each atom is
> modified by
> its atomic partial charge."  So, I added it up. I hope it is correct.
> :-)
> For united atoms or dummy atoms, make sure to take the partial charge
> into
> consideration. :-)
>
> Good luck.
>
> -Zhen
>
> Have a good day !  ^&^
>
> On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Hwankyu Lee wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your help. Now I can get electron density profiles, but I'm
>> wondering how you get accurate values like you said below.  Also, I
>> would like to make sure if we don't need to consider H atoms in C1,
>> C2,
>> and so forth because of united atoms.  Do you have any ideas about
>> dummy atoms in proteins like MNZ1, MN1?
>>
>> best,
>> Hwankyu.
>>

>> On Mar 1, 2004, at 1:16 PM, Zhen Qin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi. I used g_density a couple of times. I guess your file format is
>>> not
>>> very accurate. This is my file
>>> 61
>>>  OW = 7.18