[gmx-users] problems installing gromacs on itanium2 with HP-UX with double precision

Fernando Cerviño fotero at cesga.es
Wed Mar 3 18:49:00 CET 2004

Dear gromacs users:

We recently have installed Gromacs on some of the machines that we have here (a beowulf cluster with redhat and an alpha server with tru64) but we have tried to installing on two Hp Integrity Superdome (Itanium2 with HP-UX) and we aren't be able to run Gromacs in double precision (in single precision works fine) because it fails with bus error.

Can anyone help with this problem?
Thank you.

Fernando Cerviño Otero
Dpto. Aplicaciones y Proyectos
Centro de Supercomputación de Galicia
Avenida de Vigo, s/n Campus Sur
15705 Santiago de Compostela (A Coruña - ESPAÑA)
Tel:   +34  981 56 98 10
Fax:  +34  981 59 46 16
email: fotero at cesga.es
www.cesga.es