[gmx-users] fnbd.c - compile errors for gromacs 3.2 and 3.2.1

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Sun Mar 7 22:17:02 CET 2004

Hi,

> The configure-options are:
> ./configure --enable-fortran --enable-vector --enable-vectorized-recip
> --enable-vectorized-sqrt=normal,solvent,water,water-water
> --enable-prefetch=normal,solvent,water,water-water

--enable-vector  and --enable-vectorized-XXX options are essentially
mutually exclusive.

Unless you are using a CRAY machine you shouldn't even think about
using --enable-vector. As it says with "./configure --help" it is only
indented for vector architectures, and since you're using icc I guess
that's not the case :-)

--enable-vectorized does help on some IBM Power machines, but not on
other architectures.

Since you are using icc I assume you're on either x86 on ia64. For x86
just use

./configure

(No use for fortran since we have assembly loops).  On ia64 use

./configure --enable-fortran

In general, configure is pretty good at optimizing the setup for you -
the more explicit options you give the larger the risk of forcing it to
generate slower code!

Cheers,

Erik