[gmx-users] water handling

Ken Rotondi ksr at chemistry.umass.edu
Tue Mar 9 21:03:00 CET 2004

Phuong/all,

Thanks, but perhaps I wasn't sufficiently clear as to my needs. Your
method requires an "index.ndx" file containing the index of the atoms
in my protein as well as the "N waters that are closest to the
protein". However, I was effectively wondering how to generate this
index, i.e. I do not know, a priori, what waters are close to the
protein, I was hoping to map them somehow w/in GROMACS (e.g.
retain/report solvent molecules XÅ from a protein atom) and use your
method to then remove all the bulk water retaining only those close to
the protein.