[gmx-users] .xtc file not portable?

Y U Sasidhar sasidhar at chem.iitb.ac.in
Sat Mar 13 05:29:00 CET 2004

Erik Lindahl wrote:

> Hi Jee,
>
> The xtc files are completely portable, you could even read them on a
> non-IEEE floating-point system.

1. I got an account on a 64 bit machine, but I have to do visualization on my 32 bit xeon-linux machines. While I am not worried about xvg files, I was wondering if trr and xtc files created on 64 bit machine can be readable by vmd on 32 bit xeons. Your reply suggests that xtc files should not be a problem. How about trr files ?

2. Can I concatenate trr and xtc files ( created on 64 bit machine )
on 32 bit machine using gromacs tools ?

regards,
Sasidhar