[gmx-users] RE:

Ilya Chorny ichorny at maxwell.compbio.ucsf.edu
Sun Mar 14 17:54:01 CET 2004

This has been done many times before in the literature. The simplest naive
way to do is just to run
an equillibrium simulation and calcualte P(phi,psi). If you want to get to
phi psi angles which are
not accessable on the time scale of your simulation then you will have to
use a restraining potential inored to
explore a region of torsional space. This is called umbrella sampling and I
believe gromacs has implimented
some umbrella sampling but I'm note sure if they allow for  torsional
resraints?

Ilya