[gmx-users] Opteron-Bug

Thomas Veith th_veith at web.de
Thu Mar 18 18:51:01 CET 2004

Hi folks,

Here we are going to get a cluster which is budgeted for approx. Euro 150.000,--.

To get most bang for our bucks, we thought of going the AMD-Opteron/AMD64 way; but recently I read here by browsing on your ML that there exists an Opteron Bug, but I couldn't find any more info to this.

So my question is: Is there a hardware bug in (SSE/2, anywhere) Opteron, is it fixed, was it related only to gromacs or could this affect any hand-coded assembly?

Thanx in advance for your replies :-)

Best regards,
Thomas