[gmx-users] A question on x, y axis of order parameters (g_order)

Hwankyu Lee leehk at umich.edu
Mon Mar 22 19:50:01 CET 2004

Dear, gmx-users,

I'm using g_order to get order parameters, and could look at reasonable
results based on z-axis.
However, I'm curious about order parameter results of x,y axis. I think
they should be symmetrical, due to thetaX = 90 - thetaY, but it doesn't
look like what I expected. Especially, theta values from Sx, Sy were
not matching to each other.
The gromacs manual explains that "the parameters Sx and Sy are defined
in the same way".   Sx and Sy are calculated by different ways??  Could
you give me any explanation on that?

best,
Hwankyu.