Antw: Re: Wtrlt: Re: Antw: [gmx-users] how do u convert .xvg figures to.eps?

Peter Friedel friedel at ipfdd.de
Tue Mar 23 07:35:01 CET 2004

hi, rainer,
i agree with you. there are a lot of tools for imaging the results of gromacs.
one of the way seems to be the demo of gromacs itself. in my oppinion, writing scripts for starting the simulation is also a way for preparing the presentation using the tools coming with gromacs itself and with unix/linux. i have written special scripts in that way for my simulations with the goal to calculate surface tensions of solvent droplets. the awk, the sed, the sort, the csh, the gnuplot and many others are very useful.
sincerely, peter

Dr. Peter Friedel
Hohe Str. 6, 01069 Dresden
Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e.V.
Tel.: 0351-4658289
Fax: 0351-4658565
email: friedel at ipfdd.de
>>> rainer at bioc.unizh.ch 22.03.04 18.07 >>>
...a less simple way would be idl or wave...

Peter Friedel wrote:

>hi,
>of course one can use xmgrace. I think its also a question of taste and practice. i like it to have more thasn one opportunity.
>peter
>
>Dr. Peter Friedel
>Hohe Str. 6, 01069 Dresden
>Institut für Polymerforschung Dresden e.V.
>Tel.: 0351-4658289
>Fax: 0351-4658565
>email: friedel at ipfdd.de

> Re: Antw: [gmx-users] how do u convert .xvg figures to .eps?
> From:
> David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
> Date:
> Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:21:59 +0100
> To:
> gmx-users at gromacs.org
>

>On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 08:13, Peter Friedel wrote:
>

>>Hi, i need to convert the .xvg format (used by gmx
>>when producing plots) in .eps format (used by the word
>>formatter Latex). How is it possible to do that?
>>thanks!
>>

>simplest way is to use the program xmgrace
>

>>- mario
>>
>>Bickle: I ride around nights mostly. Subways, buses.
>>Figure you know, I'm gonna do that, I might as well
>>get paid for it.
>> Personnel Officer: Wanna work uptown nights - South
>>Bronx, Harlem?
>> Bickle: I'll work any time, anywhere.
>> Personnel Officer: Will ya work Jewish holidays?
>> Bickle: Any time, anywhere.
>>-(Taxi Driver)

>>Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>>www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.

Dr. Rainer Böckmann
Computational Structural Biology - Biochemistry Department
University of Zürich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zürich, Switzerland
tel:    ++41-(0)1-63-555-93 - fax:    ++41-(0)1-63-568-62
email: rainer at bioc.unizh.ch
http://www.biochem-caflisch.unizh.ch/rainer/