[gmx-users] targeted molecular dynamics

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:05:01 CET 2004

>Hi all,
>Is the targeted molecular dynamics algorithm implemented in the actual
>version of GROMACS?
>Do I need additional software?
>Thanks in advance,
>Cheers,
>Ruben

I don't know what you mean exactly with "the" targeted molecular dynamics
algorithm.
I think there are many algorithms which differ slightly.
I should warn you that in most cases targeted MD does NOT produce a reliable
pathway
between two states.

In Gromacs there are several ways to force a simulation in a certain
direction.
One is the pull code, where you can pull on the center of mass of two, or
more,
groups.
As of version 3.2 the position restraint coordinates (and forces) can be
interpolated
between two states with the free energy parameter coupling method. This can
be used
to force (part of) the system from one conformation to another. Use grompp
-h to see
how to supply the two conformations.

Berk.