[gmx-users] Extending an mdrun with trr >2GB

Martina Bertsch, PhD mbe404 at lulu.it.northwestern.edu
Sat Mar 27 10:10:01 CET 2004

If I understand correctly, trjconv converts the trr file to xtc format,
which does *not* contain velocities or forces and thus saves space.
Manuals specifically instruct us not to remove the trr file if a run has
to be restarted.

I don't think I would get a true continuation run without velocities. Am
I correct?

Martina