[gmx-users] 15-20% tolerance?

xiaobing tian xiaobingtian at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 19:18:01 CEST 2004

Dear David and Dallas,

Is it OK to increase the tolerance to 15-25%?

Thanks,

Xiaobing

David <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:51, xiaobing tian wrote:
> Dear Dr. Warren,
>
> Thank you for your explanation. By the way, besides compiling it, are
> there any other solutions to edit the SS tolerance?

No.

But you can still edit your coordinate file such that the appropriate
sulphurs are within the limits. Use a text editor...

> Have a good day,
>
> Xiaobing
> Dallas Warren wrote:
> >Thank you for your kind reply. However, I didn't untar the
> Gramcs file. I
> >just download the gromacs-3.2.1-i386.rpm to /root directory
> and installed
> >it at same directory in my Linux Red Hat 8.0. In this case,
> where is it
> >possibly?
>
> I am sure the developing guys will answer when it comes around
> to their day
> time, but I suspect that it doesn't exist on that machine
> since the .c file
> is a program/script file written in C and is compiled to
> produce the
> appropriate GROMACS code. With an rpm the compiling etc has
> already been
> done, so those .c files aren't needed.
>
> If you want to gain access to the scripts and adjust them to
> your needs, I
> suspect you will need to use the compiling version, so you
> have all the
> source scripts/code/libraries etc.
>
> Catch ya,
>
> Dr. Dallas Warren
> Research Fellow
> Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
> Victorian College of Pharmacy, Monash University
> 381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
> dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
> +61 3 9903 9083
>

> Xiaobing Tian Ph.D.
> Department of Microbiology and Immunology
> Thomas Jefferson University
> 1025 Walnut St., Suite 420
> Philadelphia, PA19107
> Phone: 215-955-1364 (Lab)

David.
David van der Spoel, PhD, Assist. Prof., Molecular Biophysics group,
Husargatan 3, Box 596, 75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone: 46 18 471 4205 fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se spoel at gromacs.org http://xray.bmc.uu.se/~spoel