[gmx-users] OPLS-AA time step

Thomas Stockner stockner at ucalgary.ca
Thu May 20 19:14:11 CEST 2004

>>/ Dear gromacs user,
/>>/ Until now I have simulations of my protein using default atoms definition for
/>>/ aromatics residues,
/>>/ but when I tried to use "-dummy aromatics" option I have a consistent error (I
/>>/ tried whit differents proteins)
/>>/ for the first residue,
/>>/
/>>/ WARNING: atom H is missing in residue SER 1 in the pdb file
/>>/          You might need to add atom H to the hydrogen database of residue SER
/>>/          in the file ff???.hdb (see the manual)
/>>/
/>>/ There were 1 missing atoms in molecule Protein_B
/>>/ Number of bonds was 7439, now 7439
/>>/ Opening library file /usr/share/gromacs/top/ffgmx2.ddb
/>>/ Fatal error: Invalid directive NH3 in dummy database ffgmx2.ddb
/>>/
/>>/ I tried with -ter -missing  to modify the NH3 if this corresponding to the
/>>/ termini residue and
/>>/ include only one H missing, but it does not work. Before try modified the ddb
/>>/ file I want to know if
/>>/ there some alternative to fix this problem. I use gromacs 3.2.1. .
/>
> With -dummy aromatics you should use the gromos96 force field.
> With -dummy h you can also use the OPLS force field (if you need all
> atoms). ffgmx2 is deprecated.

Dear gromacs users,

can I increase the maximal allowed time step form 2 to 5 fs, when using
OPLS-AA with -dummy hydrogens?

ciao

thomas

---