[gmx-users] flying water on monolayer

McMullen, Roger L RMcMullen at ispcorp.com
Fri Nov 12 18:32:31 CET 2004

Bon Dia Hector.  The reference below is a good source for this problem.
They constructed a dual monolayer system separated by a slab of water.  In
this manner, they were able to keep the water in place and also to apply
periodic boundary conditions only in x and y.

Ahlstrom, P. and H. J. C. Berendsen (1993). "A molecular dynamics study of
lecithin monolayers." Journal of Physical Chemistry 97(51): 13691-702.

In addition, we did some work in this area using several different force
fields.  We found that the Gromos 96 forcefield which is modified for lipid
tails (I think it is ffG43a2.), provides the best results.

Regards,
Roger