[gmx-users] Parallel run error

M.Naser mn2 at hw.ac.uk
Fri Nov 26 20:04:56 CET 2004

Hi Anton,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, it runs on single node but it still
crashing and I get md.log file.It normally crashes between 7000 - 70000
steps.

with regards,

Abu

> M.Naser wrote:
>
>> Hi Itamar !
>>
>> Thanks for your response. It is still crashing.
>>
>> Please give me some hint about likley problems.
>
> With the little info you gave till now, it's still guessing...!
>
> As David asked, can you run it on a single CPU?
>
> Did it even start (e.g. did you get the usual gromacs intro message
> printed on screen)?
>
> Did you get any output from mdrun at all (e.g., md0.log)?
>
> If so, how far along did you simulation (or minimization) get?
> No steps, a few steps, a few ps, a few ns?
>

> --
> Groetjes,
>
> Anton
>   _____________ _______________________________________________________
> |             |                                                       |
> |  _   _  ___,| K. Anton Feenstra                                     |
> | / \ / \'| | | Dept. of Pharmacochem. - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam |
> |(   |   )| | | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - Netherlands   |
> | \_/ \_/ | | | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610           |
> |             | Feenstra at few.vu.nl - www.few.vu.nl/~feenstra/         |
> |             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down" (RHCP)    |
> |_____________|_______________________________________________________|

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.