[gmx-users] Fluctuation of Temp depending on the number of baths

Xavier Periole x.periole at chem.rug.nl
Fri Oct 8 15:35:29 CEST 2004

I got two simulations of 200 ps (a bit short but should sufficiant) of
216 water molecules
I used the mdp given in the tutotrial.

the results on the temperatures:
                                one bath                          two baths
                            Av. Temp     Sdt. dev.       Av. Temp    Sdt
dev.
molecule one       312                 183               300
               156
The others           303                 8.2
303                 8.9

The fluctuations are indeed bigger for a two bath-simulation but the
difference not as big as I was expecting. Longer simulations could reduce
it even more. I was expecting a larger difference .... but it is already
20 %.

XAvier

   Xavier Periole - Ph.D.

   Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry / MD Group
   Univ. of Groningen
   Nijenborgh 4
   9747 AG Groningen
   The Netherlands