[gmx-users] Parameters for PB calculation with Delphi from Gromacs data

Ran Friedman ran at hemi.tau.ac.il
Mon Oct 11 15:45:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

The PARSE parameters were developed in order to reproduce the hydration
free energies in PB calculations, while charges taken from different FF
are parametrised by MD or MC. Therefore, I tend to use both the VdW
radii and the charges taken from PARSE. However, check the literature -
many people have used FF parameters in their calculations.

Ran.

Marco Ceruso wrote:

>Hi;
>If you use Delphi use the PARSE vdw radii set (J. Phys. Chem. 98, 1978-1988
>(1994)). For the charges you can keep the OPLS-AA charges.
>Marco

Ran Friedman
Laser Laboratory for Fast Reactions in Biology
Department of Biochemistry
Faculty of Life Sciences
Tel-Aviv University
Tel. +972-3-6409824