[gmx-users] Parameters for PB calculation with Delphi from Gromacsdata

Marco Ceruso ceruso at mail.csi.cuny.edu
Mon Oct 11 17:08:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

Ran is right. One reason to keep the FF charges instead of the PARSE ones is
to be consistent with what was used to generate your conformation specially
when you use the PB calculation results along with  some-type of MMPBSA
approach in which you have a E_elec term that comes from your FF
electrostatic representation.
In our hands the differences between OPLS-AA and PARSE charges were much
less critical than the differences observed between PARSE radii and the
radii implanted by editconf -mead.
Hope this helps
Marco

  _____