[gmx-users] Re: Opteron: compile with 32-bit SSE

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Mon Sep 13 15:10:22 CEST 2004

> In other words: the SSE option will work automatic for Opterons in
> 64-bit mode very soon, but don't expect any magical speedup compared to
> 32-bit mode!

In addition to my last question on this, just out of curiousity (the
functioning of cpus still seems very complicated to me): might the 64 bit
code for the opteron then be more powerful on really large systems or in
double precision, compared to the 32 bit? Do you maybe know a simple text
that can help understand how this all (register accessing etc) works?

Greetings, Pim

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research