[gmx-users] Question about fatal error of .gro and .top files

Tomohiro Hayashi hayashi at echem.titech.ac.jp
Sun Sep 19 16:12:26 CEST 2004

Hi Gromacs Users,

I've just started using Gromacs ver. 3.2.1 on Mac OS X Panther
(10.3.5). The installation was successful. But now I'm facing one
problem in testing tutorial examples.

I always get same problem in following examples (water and speptide)
just as written in the getting started manual:

in the case of water
-----
Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (conf.gro, 648)
              does not match topology (topol.top, 0)
-----
and in the case of speptide
-----
Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (b4em.gro, 2741)
              does not match topology (speptide.top, 0)
-----
The program always says the number of atoms equal to 0 from .top files,
although the number of atoms is indicated in the .top file, as shown
below (topol.top in the case of water)
-----
#include "ffgmx.itp"
#include "spc.itp"

[ system ]
Pure Water

[ molecules ]
SOL 216
-----
Did anyone have the same problem?? I think this is not a difficult
problem.

Thanks in advance,
Tomo
-----
Tomohiro Hayashi
Postdoctoral Fellow
Hara Lab
Department of Electronic Chemistry,
Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo
Institute of Technology
snail mail: G1-1008 4259 Nagatsuta-cho Midoriku Yokohama-shi, 226-8502,
Japan
tel&fax: +81-45-924-5439
e-mail: hayashi at echem.titech.ac.jp