[gmx-users] Compiling with MPICH

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Mon Sep 27 11:46:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

Your MPI library seems to be dependent of pthreads, so you'll have to
add that library to the link stage too.

For reference, the MPI test in the configure script tries to compile &
link a trivial MPI program that calls MPI_Initialize but nothing else.
For a correctly installed MPI library all necessary headers paths and
libraries should be added automatically when you compile with "mpicc".

Cheers,

Erik