[gmx-users] Help: Analysis large interdomain motion

Zhenting Gao zhentg at 163.com
Tue Apr 19 13:44:23 CEST 2005

Hi  gmx-users ,

I am currently working on a protein with 3 domains: left, middle and right domain.
While the 3 domains' internal structure remain almost unchanged(rmsd of each domain is below 2.5A if fit to itself), the interdomain motion between the left and right domains are comparably large, i.e. the rmsd of right domain is more than 12A if fit to the hydrolase domain.

Does anyone know a protein like this? As I concern mostly at the residues which are indispensable for the large interdomain motion, what can I do to persue this?

Any suggestion or papers are heartily appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
Zhenting Gao
zhentg at 163.com
2005-4-19