[gmx-users] gmx v3.1 vs v3.2

Derrick Guang Yuh Lee k24dgyl at mun.ca
Tue Apr 26 20:21:16 CEST 2005

Dear Gmx-Users,

I was curious if anyone would be able to explain a little problem I am
having between two versions of GROMACS; on one computer I am running v3.14
and on the other one, I am running v3.2. So,  when I run, for example, an
energy minimzation of a particular lipid simulation on the computer with
v3.14, it works fine, but when I run the exact same files on the computer
w/ v3.2, i get:

Steepest Descents:
   Tolerance (Fmax)   =  	value
   Number of steps    =         value
Segmentation fault

If anyone can clear this one up it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Sincerely

 - Derrick Lee

 Derrick Guang Yuh Lee
 Department of Mathematics and Statistics / Department of Biochemistry
 Memorial University of Newfoundland
 k24dgyl at mun.ca / derrickglee at hotmail.com

"a teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the
truth that each student must find for himself. a good teacher is merely a
catalyst."
                                                              - bruce lee