[gmx-users] trajectory manipulation on individual groups or cut & paste ?

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:48:22 CEST 2005

Hi Marc,

What did you have in mind? I.e. what manipulations? I think you should
be able to do it using subsequent steps with trjconv, without
splitting the trajectory. Otherwise, it is trivial to make options
apply only to an index group, while writing everything out.

If, for example, you want to have a trajectory with the protein as a
whole (without jumps), and fitted to a reference, while the solvent is
arranged according to its smallest distance to the protein, it would
require three steps:

trjconv -pbc nojump
trjconv -ur molbox -pbc whole (my version)
trjconv -fit rot+trans

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Tsjerk