[gmx-users] trajectory manipulation on individual groups or cut & paste ?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Thu Aug 4 12:29:24 CEST 2005

Hi Tsjerk (and list)

so I finally compiled your modified trjconv version (using an older
gmx 3.1.4 installation) and that solves indeed - at least for now -
all my problems.

The actual problem was that the protein(s) (a long multi-chain system)
were not kept together, one of the chains regularly jumped a boxlength
to one direction. To correct this we used nojump, but this does ugly
things to the water. So could we have applied nojump just to the protein
(which probably just deserves a quick hack to trjconv using index groups
as you pointed out) we could have done it with the standard trjconv in
one go.

It is actually quite tricky to design the proper steps and options for
trjconv in the right order :)  But that was finally (after a lot of
trial and error) also possible.

Thanks,
Marc