[gmx-users] Re: reflecting sphere

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Wed Aug 31 01:58:14 CEST 2005

Read the external potential thread here:

http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-developers/2004-February/000765.html

I have made a similar adjustment in the gromacs code, but then with walls
at two ends of the box. I could send you the things I modified, you'd only
have to change the function a bit to make it a spheric wall.

You probably could avoid doing this and just use PBC if you had explicit
water instead of continuum solvent, as continuum gives you the unrealistic
ballistic effect they see. If you only need to consider a smaller amount
of water or have access to a good parallel cluster you could always try
that of course :)