[gmx-users] gromacs and cluster

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 13:17:14 CET 2005

>> I've already installed GROMACS on the main node of my cluster(RH 9.0
>> OSCAR). And using the model in \share i can run md successfully. But
>> with the pbsscript bellow the error came that is "qsub :directive
>> error ...". How can i fix it. Thanks
>>

>> #!/bin/sh
>> ### Job name
>> #PBS  -N  pbsjob
>> ### Output files

If this is really a verbatim copy your PBS input file then I think you
made the mistake of using a 'dash' character (looks a bit like '--')
instead of the minus '-' in the options:

>> #PBS �o pbsjob.out
WRONG

correct:
#PBS -o pbsjob.out

>> #PBS �e pbsjob.err
WRONG

>> ### Queue name
>> #PBS �q workq
WRONG

>> ###CPU number
>> #PBS  -l nodes=2:ppn=2
CORRECT

>> ### Script command
>> Cd  $PBS_O_WORKDIR
>> Lamboot $PBS_NODEFILE
>> mpirun C  mdrun
>> Lamhalt
>> exit 0
And as already pointed out, the commands are almost certainly called
'lamboot' ,'cd', anf 'lamhalt'. In UNIX case matters.

Oli