[Fwd: Re: Re: [gmx-users] Error in MD]

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 13 11:33:56 CET 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Re: [gmx-users] Error in MD
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:16:19 +0000
From: Dhananjay joshi <joshidc_in1 at rediffmail.com>
To: Mark Abraham <Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au>

   Thanks for reply,

Well let me again tell you that I am beginer in this field.

I have chosen  CORE_MTB.pdb file and performed following operations.

1. pdb2gmx -f CORE_MTB.pdb -o CORE_MTB.gro -p CORE_MTB.top

2. editconf -f CORE_MTB.gro -o CORE_MTB.gro -d 0.8

3.  genbox -cp CORE_MTB.gro -cs -o CORE_MTB_b4em.gro -p CORE_MTB.top

Then I have done energy minimization with following steps.

4. grompp -f em.mdp -po md_em.mdp -c CORE_MTB_b4em.gro -o CORE_MTB_em.tpr
     -p CORE_MTB.top
5.  mdrun -s CORE_MTB_em.tpr -o CORE_MTB_em.trr -c CORE_MTB_b4pr.gro
     -e ener_b4pr.edr -g md_em.log

and I got the error message..

The velocities were define in .mdp files are as follows.

; Generate velocites is off at 300 K.
gen_vel             =  no
gen_temp            =  300.0
gen_seed            =  173529

I didn't understand what was wrong, I mean what are the things that I
should take care of....

Dhananjay