[gmx-users] Problem Running GROMACS as a User

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 15 16:14:26 CET 2005

GROMACS 3.3 installed as rmp's compiled from src.rpm on SuSE v9.3 partition.
I'm sure that this is a permissions problem, but I don't have a clue as to
the solution.  I did not have this problem on the same partition with the
pervious version.

I can run the demo to completion successfully as root, but when I attempt the
same demo as a use I start getting error messages.  The user output files are
attached.

The rpm installed demo and cpeptice in /usr/share/gromacs/tutor/gmxdemo

Any assistace in resolving this problem will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.				        Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry					Stochastic and multivariant