[gmx-users] Problem Running GROMACS as a User

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Dec 15 16:56:48 CET 2005

hi

On Thursday 15 December 2005 16:14, Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D. wrote:
> GROMACS 3.3 installed as rmp's compiled from src.rpm on SuSE v9.3 partition.
> I'm sure that this is a permissions problem, but I don't have a clue as to
> the solution.  I did not have this problem on the same partition with the
> pervious version.
>
> I can run the demo to completion successfully as root, but when I attempt the
> same demo as a use I start getting error messages.  The user output files are
> attached.
>
> The rpm installed demo and cpeptice in /usr/share/gromacs/tutor/gmxdemo
>
> Any assistace in resolving this problem will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Maybe an easy solution:
i think gromacs is trying to write in /usr/share but this is only allowed for root users
so not for normal users.
So copy the tutor dir to user dir and i hope it will work.

Greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de