[gmx-users] [Fwd: Regarding Zn problem]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Dec 19 08:46:59 CET 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Regarding Zn problem
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:36:31 +0530 (IST)
From: Kirti Patel <kirti at chem.iitb.ac.in>
To: spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se

Dear David,

I am new to gromcas and am working on designing Zinc peptides with
stereochemistry as a variable.

In the following mail to gromacs userlist you mentioned about using new
forcefield for publishing
the results.

could you please mention me in details for these.

1. Why should we use new force field when we have already a recognised
force field (Gromos).

2. Is it that the simulations done on Gromacs are not publishable.

3. You said "referees tend te become more picky about it", so what
should one do.

4. Also I am presently using ffG43a1 forcefield for simulations with
zinc, is this forcefield
gives good results or shall I use something else.

Waiting for your answer.

Thanks in advance.

Kirti Patel

Message: 5